Thursday, May 26, 2011

Why I Love Request For Proposals

By Andrew Meyer

I would like to offer my reasons for loving Request For Proposals (RFPs). Note that I’m predominately looking at them from the client’s perspective.
Clearly Defined Project Purpose
RFPs force the stakeholders to think about, write out, order and agree what the goals are for the project/software/etc. Companies will often have very vague reasons for wanting to do something and even less understanding of how to evaluate if its successful. Forcing executives to agree to and state the purpose of the exercise is critical. Believe it or not, RFPs are a great way of doing this, if for no other reason than the fact that stakeholders usually have to go to the CFO or Board to get approval to spend that kind of money. (Note: The longer I’ve worked in software, the more I’ve come to love CFOs.)

Continue reading .....

No comments:

Post a Comment