Monday, August 22, 2011

Lean or Six Sigma which fork in the road do you take?

Aug
21

By business901
People will see my comments floating around the Internet on the subject of Lean Six Sigma. I am not an expert and probably take too much liberty in the application of them to even proceed but it was important to me to basically post my view.
There will always be a strong debate between Lean and Six Sigma people about using the 2 terms jointly. I am not positive of the lineage of it but I believe Michael George at the time of the George Group (later to be Accenture) coined the term. I assume he viewed the two methodologies as compatible and more effective in conjunction with each other versus separately. I am not even sure that many (Case in point being that many of today’s “Lean” consultants were trained as Lean Six Sigma Black Belts) disagreed at the time except for the very traditional Lean stalwarts.

Continue reading ....

1 comment:

  1. It is more important to understand the "psychology" than just the tools...Six sigma has been proven to set companies apart from each other with its effectiveness.
    It is practiced in almost every major corporation and almost always results in a better, leaner, and more proficient company.

    ReplyDelete