Thursday, January 5, 2012

Quality at Its Core

QUALITY IN THE FIRST PERSON
Tools to keep businesses organized work at home, too

by Lance Coleman
Lance Coleman is a quality engineer at West Pharmaceutical Delivery Systems in Scottsdale, AZ. He earned an associate degree in electrical engineering technology from Southern Polytechnical University in Marietta, GA. Coleman is a member of ASQ, an ASQ-certified biomedical quality auditor and the ASQ LED Education Publications Subcommittee chairman.

A wise person once told me that as we grow older, we grow more like ourselves. After leaving the manufacturing sector for 12 years and then returning, I found that quality was still what drew me to the industry. Those values include doing it right the first time, doing what you say you will do, planning for the future, keeping good records and following ASQ’s code of ethics.

These values form a bedrock upon which to build a foundation, whether professional or personal. Quality has carried me through my professional life, as well as my personal life, in ways I never realized were possible.
[more...]

No comments:

Post a Comment