Tuesday, March 6, 2012

How do I get my Senior Leader Interested in Baldrige?

Posted by Dawn Marie Bailey

One of the most common questions that we get when Baldrige exhibits at conferences is, “I’m interested in learning and investing in the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence, but how do I get my senior leader (fill in here: CEO, president, executive director, superintendent, etc.) interested?”
I heard this question answered best by Baldrige examiner JoAnn Sternke, superintendent of Pewaukee School District in Wisconsin when she worked as an examiner volunteer at the recent American Association of School Administrators meeting : “I use Baldrige to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the rest of my system, so that I have more money and resources to put into student learning.”
I think a business CEO, nonprofit executive director, health care president, or others, could also benefit from this answer. If the Baldrige Criteria help to maximize operations and processes, think about how many more resources could be put into saving lives, innovating, and running the business to generate results?
I think JoAnn makes the case. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment