Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Your Quest for Performance Excellence


by Dr. Harry Hertz, Director
Baldrige Performance Excellence Program

On the eve of a potential federal government shutdown, I was ready to post an Insights column on change. But I decided to let that wait another month as I reflected on how much history repeats itself and how powerful our potential for change could be. These thoughts were triggered by recalling the government shutdown of 1995 and heightened by the recent 23rd Quest for Excellence (Quest) conference of the Baldrige Program. Many attendees told us it was the best Quest ever. A combination of 7 current Baldrige award winners and 25 past winners contributed to the richness of sharing. I saw many marvelous new concepts, as well as many concepts that, while familiar, were improved to a new level of execution. Hence the reflection I mentioned above. So I decided to share with you some of my summary impressions from the conference in the hope that they will give you something to think about (or change) on your uphill journey to performance excellence.

Read more>>

No comments:

Post a Comment